In this update:
- Proposed FOI Reform Legislation
- Media Responsibility
- Australia’s Right to Know Freedom of Speech Conference Papers
- COMING EVENTS
Proposed FOI Reform Legislation
At the Australia�s Right To Know Freedom of Speech Conference – 24 March 2009, Senator Faulker announced the release of exposure drafts of the Federal Government�s proposed FOI reform legislation.
Mark Scott of the ABC has emphasised the need for media responsibility if they are to be given greater freedom of access.
Australia�s Right to Know Freedom of Speech Conference Papers
Other papers from the conference are available from the conference website.
- 11-12 May 2009: Public Sector Fraud & Corruption Conference, Canberra.
- 17-22 May 2009: TI Asia Pacific Regional Meeting, Canberra with a focus on regional programs. TI Chapter representatives will attend.
- 27-28 May 2009: Anti-Corruption Law and Enforcement Conference 2009, ‘How to manage regulatory risk and compliance’, Brussels
- 28-31 July 2009: APSACC 2009 – Australian Public Sector Anti-Corruption Conference: Taking Responsibility, Fighting Complacency, Brisbane