In this update:
- Latest TI Australia Newsletter – May 2011
- Frank Costigan Oration
- TI UK Defence Handbook
- UNCAC Review Consultation
- ACC Report on Organised Crime
- April 2011 (#129)
Latest TI Australia Newsletter – May 2011
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative – Will Australia Stand Up?
- Review of Australia’s Implementation of the United Nations Convention against Corruption
- TI Australia Signs On to the UN Global Compact
- The Imminent ‘Start Date’ for the New UK Bribery Act
- Official Report on Organised Crime in Australia
Frank Costigan Oration
The second Costigan Oration will be held on Wed 8 June in the Melbourne CBD at 5.30pm. The Hon. Michael Kirby AC CMG, will speak on the issues facing anti-corruption. Please note this date in your diary.
TI UK Defence Handbook
The recently published Handbook, ‘Building Integrity and Countering Corruption in Defence and Security: 20 Practical Reforms’, offers steps to promote transparency and so ensure the greater integrity of procurement procedures for Defence capital projects. The Handbook is a product of Transparency International’s Defence and Security Program. That group engages actively on initiatives to prevent corruption in the defence and security sectors, and to build anti-corruption capacity and integrity in defence establishments across the world.
UNCAC Review Consultation
Australia’s compliance with its obligations as one of 150 Countries to have signed and ratified the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC), is subject to Review in 2011. Australia’s self-assessment report on the articles under review will be interesting. Details of the Review and the call for submissions, due no later than 27 May 2011, are available on the website of the Attorney General’s Department.
ACC Report on Organised Crime
This recent report from Canberra on the contemporary face and impact of organised crime in Australia is worth looking at.