In this update:
- FIFA meets with TI
- TI Australia Expert Panel – Wed 9 November 2011 at 5.30pm in Sydney
- 2011 Frank Costigan Oration – Wed 30 November 2011 in Melbourne
- Recent TI Australia Media Releases
- Latest TIA Newsletter
FIFA meets with TI
Following meetings with FIFA President, Sepp Blatter, TI has published a valuable set of reform recommendations, ‘Safe Hands: Building Integrity and Transparency at FIFA’, to improve the transparency of FIFA in terms of its governance, finances and other important areas. Click below to read TI?s 16 August 2011 media release. TI Australia has written to the Football Federation of Australia urging support of these recommendations.
- Safe Hands: Building Integrity and Transparency at FIFA
- TI’s 16 August 2011 media release
TI Australia Expert Panel – Wed 9 November 2011 at 5.30pm in Sydney
Immediately following TI Australia’s AGM, Roger Gyles AO QC, Chair of TI Australia, will chair an expert panel which will discuss current transparency issues, focusing on the private sector. Participating on the panel will be:
- Michael Humphries, Managing Director of Control-Risks Australia,
- Duncan Paterson, CEO of CAER and author of the just released ACSI review of exposure to bribery and corruption risk for investors,
- Tobin Meagher, Senior Dispute Partner of Clayton Utz, and
- Michael Ahrens, Executive Director of TIA.
This event will be held in the Sydney CBD. If you wish to attend please email email@example.com
2011 Frank Costigan Oration – Wed 30 November 2011 in Melbourne
‘The Rule of Law in an Age of Corruption’, the second Costigan Oration, will be delivered by the Hon. Michael Kirby AC CMG on Wed 30 November 2011 in the Melbourne CBD. Please note this date in your diary. If you wish to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent TI Australia Media Releases
Read TI Australia media releases commenting on:
- the announcement by the new South Australian Premier, Jay Weatherill, of a long-awaited ICAC inquiry.
- the announcement by Ministers Kevin Rudd and Martin Ferguson that Australia will trial an initiative to improve natural resource sector accountability.
Latest TIA Newsletter
- New TI Report on Climate Change – the Governance Challenge of the Century
- TI Asia Pacific Program: Towards Effective Leadership and Reforms in the Fight against Corruption
- When is One Guilty of Complicity in Relation to Bribery or Corruption?
- Update: Australia’s Implementation of UNCAC