Donate now to TIA
Donate today to help us champion a fairer democracy and more ethical business conduct.
Your support will help us:
- Stand up for a strong national anti-corruption watchdog;
- Demand higher standards on political integrity;
- Call for transparency over political donations and lobbying;
- Support whistleblowers with better whistleblowing policies; and
- Stop money-laundering and bribery in the Australian business sector.
With your support, we can keep building the evidence base; and keep making the case to political and business leaders with our practical research and tools.
Together, we can champion a healthier democracy, with firm roots grounded in transparency and accountability.
I’ve seen the connection between corruption, conflict and human rights violations – with women and girls being most affected. Australia is not immune. Corruption, undue influence by powerful individuals and organisations and murky political donations undermines our democracy. This is why I am committed to fighting corruption.
In the course of my research, I’ve seen first-hand the devastating impact of regulatory capture on our natural resources and the communities who depend on them. Back-room decision-making, old boys clubs, politicisation of science, and smoke and mirrors tactics create an impenetrable system for people trying to make a difference. This is why I am committed to good governance and transparency in decision-making. Because by improving transparency, we build a more socially enlightened and environmentally sustainable future.
Corruption, in all its forms, corrodes our trust in government and the integrity of our markets. It compounds inequity and undermines the strength of our democracy. And it will require all of us to be involved – to work to improve the transparency and integrity of systems and processes. We need many voices to take a stand against corruption and support the movement to improve the the integrity of our governance systems.
we believe in a better democracy
That’s why we are championing transparency, accountability and integrity.
Our work is focused on:
- Political integrity, because we need a national anti-corruption watchdog and better rules for political donations, lobbying and parliamentary conduct.
- Responsible business, because we want businesses to take a zero tolerance approach to corruption, money laundering and foreign bribery.
- Accountable mining permits, because we want to stop corruption in the mining sector before ground is even broken.