Transparency International Australia welcomes the re-establishment of the Senate Select Committee on a National Integrity Commission, and is pleased to again support such a Commission.
We trust our submission of 20 April 2016 to the 2016 Senate Select Committee will continue to assist the new Committee. However we are pleased to provide the following supplementary submissions, especially in light of more recent developments and discussions.
Our submissions cover six issues:
1. Growing public support for a well-designed federal anti-corruption agency
2. Continuing under-investment in Commonwealth investigative capacity
3. Institutional developments and the structure and jurisdiction of a new Commission
4. Movement towards a clearer national definition of corrupt conduct
5. Investigative powers and public hearings
6. Relationship with criminal prosecutions